Water Leak Detection
Water Leak Detection Services – Finding Water Leaks
We Can See Behind Walls, Under Floors, and Through Ceilings…All to Your Advantage.
You see, not all burst or leaking pipes are readily visible or easy to detect. Plus, leaking and bursting problems can occur in many different locations including under concrete floors, set into walls behind the plaster or wall tiles, in ceilings, or underground outside buildings including under patios, paths, driveways, and more.
The point is, they’re very seldom obvious to the eye and, left unresolved, burst or leaking pipes can cause untold damage and result in a major repair or replacement expense. They also have the potential to run up thousands of dollars in water bills.
Tracking Your Water Usage
Find out how to easily track your water use by conducting a meter test or regularly reading your meter. You can monitor or check your water use levels by reading your water meter and recording the amounts. This can help you confirm a bill, or identify whether you have a water leak.
Read the black numbers from left to right – the black numbers represent kilolitres (1000 litres) and the red numbers represent litres. Water Corp charges per kilolitre.
Read your meter at approximately the same time each day (note both the black and red numbers).
Calculate your water use by subtracting the previous meter reading from the current reading.
Compare your daily water use and note water use activities.
Having Trouble Locating Your Water Meter?
Not sure what it even looks like?
Your water meter and stop tap is normally located somewhere along the front boundary of your property, and usually in one corner or the other. But if you are having trouble locating it, the Water Corporation can help.
Here’s what you do…
1. Go to mywater
2. Enter your account number (you will find this on the top right-hand corner of your water bill) or alternatively complete your address details and click ‘search’.
3. A search result will appear. Select your property by clicking ‘details’. Your property information will appear and if you scroll down, you will see a little diagram indicating where your water meter is located on your property.
Then if you follow the diagram, you should be able to locate your water meter.
If you need more help, you can call Water Corp on 13 13 85, or call Kalamunda Plumbing during normal business hours.
But Who Should You Call When You Suspect You Have a Leaking Pipe; a Plumber or a Leak Detection Specialist?
What does a leak detection specialist do?
While leak detection specialists are still technically plumbers, they are highly specialized in plumbing and carry a unique set of tools designed for finding precisely where leaks have began. This helps with repairing the leak in the most efficient and economical manner.
However, no need to despair over who is best to call; because one phone call to Kalamunda Plumbing will resolve the matter.
Not only do we have the latest in unique electronic leak detection and location equipment, our technicians also have the skills and years of experience to provide the best solutions to offer for your consideration: either quality repairs, or cost effective replacement of faulty pipes, including “reroute”.
Who Needs Electronic Leak Detection?
Any property owner can be a candidate for a hidden water leak and the damage it can cause. Yes, they’re more likely to occur in older structures, but newer homes and commercial buildings are not immune. Even there, a hidden water leak can occur due to low quality plumbing or building materials, poor installation methods, excessively high water pressure, expansion and contraction of pipes, and many other prevailing conditions.
How You Benefit from Our Service
Without effective electronic leak detection and location, holes must be dug and damage incurred simply to locate the source and extent of the problem. But choose Kalamunda Plumbing for the job, and all that damage can be avoided.
What’s more, we are equally well-equipped to repair or replace broken, corroded, cracked or leaking pipes to prevent the same from happening again. And our solutions more often avoid costly repair or replacement of floor and/or wall tiles, or removal of plumbing cabinets.
The Tools of Electronic Leak Detection
Our state-of-the art equipment includes:
- Acoustic – listening for leaks.
- Electromagnetic Pipe Locators – to determine the location of copper pipes.
- Tracer Gas – can be used to find leaks in non-metallic pipes.
- Moisture Meter – to measure the moisture content in walls or floors.
- Thermal Imaging Camera – measures the difference in surface temperatures.
How Do We Locate a Burst Pipe?
- First of all we check the water meter to determine whether there is a loss of water.
- Then we determine whether the leak is in the hot or cold pipework.
- Wherever possible, we’ll determine the type of pipe, such as copper, poly, or PVC, so as to decide what equipment to use.
- And finally we determine the best way forward including the most appropriate equipment to track the pipe and pin-point the leak.
How Do We Repair a Burst Pipe?
- Firstly, we advise the most appropriate option for repair or replacement. Eg: Repair in situ, replacement of pipe, or redirecting / rerouting the pipe such as around a tree, or repairing the pipe from the other side of the wall, so to avoid removal of a bath, or to minimise damage to tiles or cabinets.
- We also determine whether excess water pressure has played a part by checking water pressure into the property and advising appropriate measures.
- We advise all occupants in regards to turning the water off.
- We barricade work areas where appropriate, to keep occupants and workers safe.
- Once the burst pipe is repaired, we will endeavour to return the site to its original state, including organizing a plasterer, or tiler, painter, etc.
So if you even suspect you might have a hidden water leak or burst pipe, contact Kalamunda Plumbing today to either put your mind at ease, or locate and correct the problem before it grows and worsens.
Seen our showroom yet? Visit us at Shop 5B Kalamunda Glades, 121-123 Canning Road Kalamunda 6076
Request a Service
Fill in the form below and we will be in touch.