Let’s Make Sure Nothing Goes Wrong with Your Water Heater.
That’s our goal with every hot water service customer we serve. And why we offer a free annual water heater inspection after they’ve purchased a new system from Kalamunda Plumbing.
For the sake of discussion, however, let’s assume someone else installed your system and you can’t remember the last time it was inspected. If so, please keep reading to discover why annual maintenance is so important.
- No matter what type of water heater you have, it should be inspected by a licensed and experienced plumbing technician at least once every two years. Check your owner’s manual for all the specifics.
- Why are bi-annual inspections so important? Over time, water heaters begin to show their age…sooner or later, repairs and replacement are inevitable. We do everything we can to keep your system running better, more safely, and longer.
- If you have a storage tank model, its sacrificial anode rod should be replaced about every five years, unless yours is a stainless steel tank. Anode rods are designed to protect the inside of your tank from corrosion by attracting corrosive elements to itself.
- If you have a gas water heater, regular maintenance enables us to determine if the gas pressure is correct and that the unit is operating safely and to its maximum efficiency level.
Water Heater Inspection Checklist
Here’s more of what goes into our water heater performance and safety inspection:
- Visually inspect your heater for thing like rust, water leaks, and other problems
- Check emergency shut-off valve for safe operation
- Check thermostat and water temperature (another important safety matter)
- Clean burner assembly
- Check for proper airflow
- Check pressure relief valve
- And more.
Through regular maintenance, we also can help prevent repair problems and extend the lifespan of your system. That can add up to a significant cost savings.
For service you can depend on, contact Kalamunda Plumbing today.