- Energy savings
- Better tasting food: all the great chefs of the world use natural gas stoves
- Easier to regulate cooktop temperatures
- Improved home heating
- A permanent supply of gas for your barbecue
And, gas is kinder and gentler on the environment than electricity alone.
What’s not always as readily apparent is who to hire to get your home connected. For starters, don’t just hire a plumber. Hire a plumber that also has a gas fitter’s license and substantial experience under the belts. The safety of your home and family depends on it.
So before making your final selection, ask for proof by requesting their gasfitter’s license number. And don’t hesitate to ask for references, either.
Then, with the right plumber engaged for the job, it’s time to figure out how many different gas points you want, and where they are to be located. That’s the only way you can get an accurate quote. Plus, you’ll save money by having all the work done at once vs. adding on one or more added connections later on.
Here are a few other things you should discuss with your gas fitter prior to installation for the greatest amount of safety, value and flexibility.
- Using the right size pipe to allow for future expansion.
- Installing composite vs. copper pipe to save money for underground installations.
- Installing isolation valves at every appliance for quick shutoff in case of emergency.
- Calculating the correct regulator for a continuous flow of hot water.
- Ensuring effective ventilation for non-flued gas heaters since these can emit noxious fumes into your home.
Natural gas can be a great addition to any home when you have the right gas fitter handling the job. And for thousands of area home owners, that plumber and gas fitter is – and has been – Kalamunda Plumbing since 1954. Contact us today, and allow us to help make gas a welcome and productive “member” of your household.
Seen our showroom yet? Visit us at Shop 5B Kalamunda Glades, 121-123 Canning Road Kalamunda 6076
Request a Service
Fill in the form below and we will be in touch.