According to research conducted by Houzz.com.au, Australians love to redecorate their homes – over and over again. Consider the following:
- 12% renovate their homes every month!
- 30% engage in some type of renovation or decorating project every three to six months.
- One in four Australians plans to update their kitchen within the next 12 months.
- And, can you guess which room survey responders said was the one in most need of renovation? Right: the kitchen.
If you’re interested in updating the look of your kitchen without spending a lot of money, there are numerous things you can do quite affordably: among them, removing scratches from your stainless steel sink to help it look like new again.
- First, rinse your sink with water. When done, place the stopper in the drain and then fill your sink with warm warm water and dishwasher soap. To protect your hands, wear rubber gloves. Then, grab sponge once the sink is full and wash the surface of your sink while it’s still full.
- Once you’re certain the sink is clean, pull out the stopper and let all the soap and water drain. If you find that you missed a spot or two, use the same sponge to clean them up.
- Thoroughly dry your sink with a dish towel or rag.
- Pour a small amount of a liquid abrasive cleaning product or a specialty stainless steel cleaning product onto soft scouring pad. Be sure the cleaning product is suitable for stainless steel. In a back and forth motion, rub over the scratches until those areas blend in with the sink surface around them. Periodically wipe away the cleaning product residue to measure your progress.
- If your sink has a grain, just be sure to rub in the same direction to achieve a completely blended effect.
- Once all the scratches have been removed, wash the sink one more time with warm water, liquid dish detergent and a clean sponge. Afterwards, wipe the sink dry.
- For added shine, apply a stainless steel sink polish, following the package directions.
Once you get your scratched up sink looking new, you’ll probably have a notion to dress it up even more with a new faucet. Whether it’s that or any other project that involves plumbing, Kalamunda Plumbing is here to help make your kitchen look and function like new. Just as we’ve been doing for area home owners dating back to 1954.
Seen our showroom yet? Visit us at Shop 5B Kalamunda Glades, 121-123 Canning Road Kalamunda 6076
Request a Service
Fill in the form below and we will be in touch.